WI-FI is the primary need of every person in digital life. The Internet is becoming a necessity in today’s world. However, WI-FI provides connection service to different devices within a possible range. People generally prefer to use WI-FI at home, office, or other places as well because we can get internet in different devices by just connecting with it.
The range of WI-FI is limited to a particular area. To solve this problem, a WI-FI extender is used. It is a device that connects with the router and enhances its coverage area. It is considered as a bridge between the router and the areas of connectivity.
By enhancing the coverage helps to cover all the dead zones of the house as well. So the problem of no connectivity can’t be faced by the user.
Troubleshooting means the problem faced by the user regarding the extender and tries to analyze the situation and helps to find out the solution. You can find out the problem of connectivity with the extender due to certain reasons.
Most of the people will never be great at NETGEAR EXTENDER TROUBLESHOOTING because they don’t focus on the minor details which should be considered while setting up an extender.
If you ignore the minor details regarding the extender setup, you always face the problem of speed. Even your extender would not provide you the speed which you expect at the time of installation.
The performance of an extender depends upon certain things that should consider at the time of setup. Even after setting up if you think your work is done then you are wrong. Continuous maintenance and up gradation is required to TROUBLESHOOTING NETGEAR EXTENDER.
- Location of NETGEAR WI-FI EXTENDER– The location at which an extender is kept the place is not within the range of WI-FI which creates a problem of connectivity. To solve this problem try to keep the extender within the range of WI-FI. If we consider the ideal location, it is between the router and the device.
- Power connection– Power connection or cable connection is also a reason which can be considered as troubleshooting the NETGEAR EXTENDER. Make sure to check all the cables and wires before connecting an extender with the router.
- Compatibility– The problem of compatibility can also be faced by the user. If you purchase an extender of different brands and your router is of a different brand with different AC performance, the problem of compatibility between two brands can be faced by you. Try to match the router and extender. If you are using the router of AC1200 then try to purchase the NETGEAR extender of AC1200 as well.
- Circuit breaker box- to check if the circuits have been flipped off or not is also necessary from time to time. If case your circuits have been flipped off, you can turn it back to the “on” position and you can set it. By doing this you can avoid the problem of overloading the circuit and in this way, you can protect your WI-FI extender from a short circuit.
- LED– light-emitting diodes help to analyze the connection between the router and the extender. Different lights represent a different situation. Different lights on the extender show different meanings which can be under the following table. In the case of blinking or orange light, you can identify the problem and try to check all the possible solutions
|Greenlight||The extender is ready to use|
|Amber Greenlight||The extender connected with the router|
|Blinking||The problem of connectivity is faced by the connectivity|
|Orange||The extender is not properly connected with the router|
To update the extender from time to time also helps to avoid trouble in an extender. Focus on maintaining and updating extender from time to time.